What is eCPM?
eCPM or effective cost per thousand impressions (mille), is the revenue publishers generate for every thousand ad impressions. The higher the eCPM, the better the revenue.
The formula for CPM is as follows:
eCPM = Total ad revenue / Total ad impressions X 1000
How does eCPM help publishers?
- eCPM helps publishers decide whether the ads served are generating the desired revenue.
- By understanding their eCPMs in-depth, publishers can enhance their monetization strategy effectively.
- eCPMs can also help in predicting future revenue.
Ways to increase eCPM
- Use different ad networks to improve the fill rate.
- Test different types of ads and identify the ones that users engage with the most.
- Improve direct and organic traffic.