What is a policy violation?
A policy violation occurs when an ad violates Google’s terms and conditions related to ad serving. Since publishers and advertisers prominently use Google Ad Manager, Google has formulated a set of policies to be followed in order to serve ads.
Below are some examples of policy violations.
- Ads covering most of the screen
- Ads disguised as app content
- Ads overlapping the app content
- Disruptive ads
- Mislabeled ads
- Modified ad code
- More ads that app content
- Multiple ads on a single screen
- Recurring and unexpected interstitials
- Unnatural attention to ads