How To Get Access To Google AdX: Answering The Top 5 Questions For Publishers
Publishers who are growing at a fast pace require monetization solutions that drive results quickly. One such solution is Google AdX. What is it? How do you use it? Should you use it? Find the answers to all these questions right here.
- What is Google AdX?
- Difference between AdX and AdSense
- How is AdX related to Google Ad Manager
- Criteria to get access to Google AdX
- Ways to get access to Google AdX
#1 What is Google AdX ?Google Ad Exchange or Google AdX is a programmatic advertising platform where advertisers and publishers can buy and sell ad inventory through real-time bidding (RTB) and other programmatic deals. Google AdX aggregates several ad networks, agencies, advertisers, and publishers, enabling them to buy and sell ad space easily.
With Google AdX, you can:
- Monetize both apps and websites.
- Manage your ads by allowing or blocking specific advertisers.
- Get granular ad performance reports on ad sizes, advertisers, and regions.
- Set the price floor to ensure maximum revenue.
- Customize ad formats.
But most importantly, Google AdX allows you to work with various programmatic deals to maximize app revenue unlike other monetization platforms. Here’s another common question that we come across
#2 Difference between AdX and AdSense
The key difference between Google AdX and AdSense is that the former is an ad exchange, whereas the latter is an ad network (Read ad exchange vs. ad network).
Google AdSense allows you to monetize your website by placing a tag on your site’s code. It then manages everything from ad serving to payments, delivering up to a 99% fill rate.
Below are other factors that differentiate AdX from AdSense.Moving on to the next one - How is AdX related to Google Ad Manager?
#3 How are Google Ad Manager and Google AdX related ?
Previously called Double-click For Publishers (DFP), Google Ad Manager or GAM is an ad server for publishers. (An ad server is a web application that publishers, advertisers, and ad networks use to manage ad campaigns and distribute ads to mobile apps and websites.) GAM integrates AdX, AdSense, and has a capability to host other networks and agencies.
Google AdX is integrated within GAM in a way that you cannot access it without GAM. As a publisher, you can use GAM to manage your inventory. However, if you want to boost monetization or handle your remnant inventory, you must use AdX as it provides you with a large pool of advertisers. Now that we’re clear with the basics, let’s dive into the criteria you need to meet to sign up for Google AdX.
#4 Criteria to get access to Google AdX
Apart from the apparent prerequisite, which is having a GAM account, below are the criteria for accessing Google AdX.
Your website or app:
- Must have a minimum of 5 million page views per month (if trying to get access directly from Google).
- Must not contain content related to religion, race, adult, tobacco, alcohol or any other offensive topic.
- Must have an updated ads.txt (for websites) or app-ads.txt file (for apps).
- Must not have altering site behavior that leads to unnecessary downloads or redirection to unwanted sites.
- Must have Google-supported languages.
- Must not trigger pop-under ads.
You might ask why the bar is set so high. Although Google doesn’t disclose the reasons for these criteria, we assume it wants to ensure that the apps and websites they host meet the standards for user experience, content, performance, etc., in order to preserve the brand name. Hence, the hype.
So, how can you get access to Google AdX?
#5 Ways to get access to Google AdXOnce you meet all the Google criteria, you can either connect with a Google account manager or an authorized third-party agency to get access to Google AdX.
Let’s expand on this a bit
1. Talk to a Google account manager
This is the direct way of accessing Google AdX. Sign up with Google Ad Manager and have your account approved to start monetizing. After signing up, you will be assigned a dedicated account manager to help you set up and run your Google AdX account.
2. Partner with an agency
Get in touch with a Google-authorized third-party agency or a Google AdX reseller to get access to AdX demand and help with managing your account. GreedyGame AdX is one such way to do this.
What does GreedyGame AdX offer
GreedyGame is a Google AdX partner that gives you access to premium Google demand, third-party open bidding partners, granular insights, high fill rates, and eCPMs. You are also ensured 100% policy compliance owing to our partnership with Google.
How can you access GreedyGame AdX
You can start using GreedyGame AdX in a few simple steps.
- Sign up with the GreedyGame AdX console.
- Get approval from Google AdX. If approved, you will be added as a child publisher under GreedyGame’s GAM 360 account for managed inventory.
- Start adding your apps or websites to the GreedyGame AdX console to start monetizing.
We hope we have answered your queries with this blog post. If not, be free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to help!